Monday, January 11, 2016

Ruth at a Glance



I am BEYOND excited to study through the book of RUTH. She is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE Bible characters who's life story is laced with tragedy, uncertainty, romance and DESTINY! I'll spend the full week studying this book even though it's only 4 chapters.

Along with reading/studying the book, I will also be reading through a short novella about the life of Ruth by Francine Rivers called, Unshaken: One of five unlikely women who changed eternity.  



You can find it for purchase for your kindle or a hardcover on amazon. I read this book years ago in about one day because it really brought the story of Ruth to LIFE and I couldn't put it down. So I thought that this would be the perfect time to revisit a book that I thoroughly enjoyed so very much.

With that being said, here is my personal projected reading plan for the week:

  • Monday & Tuesday- Read through the book in its entirety several times without stopping to reread, underline, journal, etc.  Again, my reason for doing this is to grasp the greater context and get that aerial view before really sinking my feet into it.
  • Wednesday- Study, in depth, chapter 1 only using commentaries, highlighters, journaling, etc.
  • Thursday- Repeat with Chapter 2
  • Friday- Chapter 3
  • Saturday- Chapter 4
  • Sunday- Re-read the whole book in its entirety several times

I also highly advise doing a thorough study on the meaning and purpose of a Kinsmen Redeemer.  THIS is where you will start to see foreshadowing of Jesus and will walk away more intimately connected to HIM, rather than just deriving some good "life lessons" from Ruth and the other character's lives (although we want to learn from their lives as well). 

Lastly, I will periodically post verses from Ruth and things that God places on my heart as I read on social media. Please JOIN IN on the conversation and follow me on Facebook @Thepreciousandthepleasant or on instagram @Brytnimcneil .

I pray that as we observe the life of this beautiful, redeemed woman, we will grow closer to the REDEEMER who connects our story to hers.

Happy reading!

Bryt xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment