Monday, January 11, 2016

A New Creation: All that Matters




Let's just say that my heart desperately needed to study through Galatians the first week of the year! I can already tell that I am reaping the rewards and benefits of choosing to go through it first.  The Spirit highlighted several things in my life and the whole book is halfway scribbled on to death, but I think Galatians 6:15-16 brought everything full circle for me.

"For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.  And as for all who walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God." 

It doesn't get any more straightforward than that! Nothing I do, absolutely NOTHING, can count me righteous or merit my salvation and justification.  The only thing that matters is a NEW CREATION who is given a NEW HEART with NEW DESIRES AND PASSIONS and therefore will DO NEW THINGS for God's glory, through the sacrifice of Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit! Once I can truly learn to live in step with that gospel message, I will be ruled by peace and be a recipient of mercy from a loving Savior day in and day out.  THAT is what I want. To be ruled by peace. No more striving, no more performing.  Just peacefully and passionately living as a new creation, appropriating and walking in the righteous works and deeds that Christ purchased and prepared for for me.

Thank you, Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment