Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Homemade Apple Cider



Homemade Apple Cider

10 apples (a variety: granny smith, gala, red etc.)
2 whole oranges
6 Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
12 whole cloves
3/4 gallon of water
Any sweetener to taste (the sweeter the apples used, the less sweetener will be needed)



All I can say is that I LOVE this stuff.  My house smells heavenly and holidayey (like that made up word?) and I'm getting more and more excited for Christmas.  MAKE THIS.  You will thank me.  All you need to do is slice up your fruit, add some spices and let the crockpot do ALL the work.





How gorgeous are those colors?

Can't you just smell it now?


Once all of the flavors are happily wed (after about 8-9 hours cooked on low), use a fine mesh strainer to remove apples, cinnamon sticks and cloves, and add your choice of sweetener to taste.  Pour in a festive Christmas mug and drink a little sip of heaven. You can make it even more delightful by serving it up with additional orange and/or apple slices and extra cinnamon sticks!

Enjoy, my friend. Enjoy.
Bryt
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment