Monday, November 2, 2015

Welcome to The Precious and the Pleasant!



This lifestyle blog was birthed from this verse! Any wife and mom knows that it's hard to establish a home.  It takes every ounce of your strength, commitment and devotion.   We desperately want our homes to be precious and pleasant places for our families to reside.  We desire that our husbands will be anxious to come home each day and that our kids will one day nostalgically speak of the whimsical nature of their childhood. It takes wisdom, time, patience and an intentional effort to focus on what's most precious. The calling is remarkable!

I know this verse is talking more literally about an actual home filled with material riches, but I also began to think about the immaterial.  What riches should be filling the "rooms" and "spaces" of my and my family's hearts?  How and with what can I fill the nooks and crannies of our souls?  Are good memories being made? Are words of affirmation flowing with ease from our mouths over one another? Are we relentless in our pursuit of one another? Are we lavishing each other with affection?

By God's grace, this blog will explore ways to literally and figuratively fill the rooms of our homes and souls with the profoundly precious and the practically pleasant. From my fav foods and must-have lipsticks, to real-life mommyhood and robust Bible study, I want to explore it all!

I'm not a perfect christian, wife or mother, but I love Jesus. I love the good news of The Gospel and all of its implications.  I believe that the precious and the pleasant are hidden in a messy life fully surrendered to a perfect Savior.  I'm excited to discover it all with you! Please subscribe for up and coming blog posts:).

Bryt
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment